Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
10/20/2014 @ 08:00 AM

Forum Index > Miscellaneous > Outdoor Tidbits New Topic Post Reply
 Cabelas

|  Printable Version
IowaMonsterBucks
 June 16 2006 09:47PM (Read 7926 times)  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

For a long time now, there have been rumors circulating about Cabelas coming to Iowa.

Well, I can't say how I came across this info, but I have it on good authority that Cabelas will soon begin construction on a new store in Newton. Supposedly they will formally announce the construction in about 2 months and they will break ground by the end of the year.

If it is true (which I have no reason not to believe my source), I can't wait.....my wife on the other hand is concerned about our financial welfare (as she should be).

Profile Email PM
Backlash
 June 16 2006 10:17PM  
Forum Senior Member

I hope your, Cabelas is coming to Newton info is better than my, Menards is coming to Ames info. It would be great if both happen in my opinion

The rich man invests in gold and silver, the wise man invests in brass and lead.....Confucius (or maybe John Wayne)

Profile Email PM
dkwolf
 June 16 2006 11:40PM  
Forum Senior Member

Cabelas in Newton....cool, but not that damaging to my financial well-being. Now, the Cabelas they're building in Omaha......VERY bad for my financial situation--have to drive past Bass Pro to get to my sister's place, and they're building a house about 8 miles from where Cabelas is going in. Not good.

This land is not inherited from our ancestors, rather it is borrowed from our children.

Profile Email PM
alan_50501
 June 16 2006 11:50PM  
Forum Senior Member

wont belive it till i see it

https://m.facebook.com/alan.mcfadden1?ref=bookmark

Profile Email PM
autumn
 June 17 2006 06:52AM  
Forum Senior Member

I hope that they are building in Newton, that would help a couple of the unemployed maytagers. A little off the subject though, I have a old college roommate that has worked at the Prairie DuChien Cabelas for about 10 years and from what he tells me they are planning on building 40 new stores in the next 10 years around the country. I have been buying stock in the company and hopefully it will show a good return in some years. I think right now it is a little over 17 a share. Just some food for thought.

A hen is the wisest of all....because she only clucks after she has laid the egg.

Profile Email PM
whiterook
 June 17 2006 07:39AM  
Forum Senior Member

Cabela's in Newton, Cool.

Profile Email PM
IowaMonsterBucks
 June 17 2006 08:41AM  
Regular Contributor

[QUOTE BY= WALLEYES_ONLY] wont belive it till i see it[/QUOTE]

That's sort of how I feel......but my source is pretty dang reliable. So, my hopes are higher than they would normally be. We'll see I guess....

Profile Email PM
Starbuck
 June 17 2006 12:39PM  
Regular Contributor

I just got off the phone with Dick Cabela, and he confirmed it.....it's true

Profile Email PM
frmboybuck
 June 17 2006 05:50PM  
Forum Senior Member

It would be nice to see but Newton wouldnt be my first choice......They are going to loose alot of people in the next year or so. Bet the funding behind the racetrack wishes it was in a different location now also

Duh.....YO.

Profile Email PM
Starbuck
 June 17 2006 06:08PM  
Regular Contributor

The population of the actual town that most Cabelas are in is practically irrelevant. IF it was going into Newton (my prior comment was actually a joke Big Grin ), it's all about it being at the junction of Interstate 80 & Hwy 14.

Maytag going under would probably make it MORE desirable - lots of people probably willing to take about any job they can find.

Profile Email PM
d00buck
 June 17 2006 06:17PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Pure speculation on my part, but won't most of the fanbase for the racetrack be coming from across the midwest, not locals? Anybody been to an ARCA event?

I hope it's true about Cabelas, but after a couple letdowns...I'm not holding my breath! Rolling Eyes

Colo-central IA

Profile Email PM
fishrman
 June 17 2006 08:33PM  
Forum Senior Member

I just got home from Prarie Du Chien store. Hope the new one is cooler than it was up there. No Air! Said it might be out for as long as 2 weeks. I can't believe they would let it be out that long. Must be something very major.

I might add though that I probably hellped the stock price some while I was up there since I finally broke down and bought a 332c Lowrance and the accessories for it. Oh ya, a few other things to. I came very close to getting out of there for under a grand. Oh well, it could be spent in allot worse ways. Well, that is what I keep telling my wife.

keepfishn4fun

Profile Email PM
TIMMY
 June 17 2006 08:37PM  
Forum Senior Member

Cabelas in Newton = Timmaaayyy being broke$$$$ Eek!

That will make the wife happy. Cry

Bass Pro "amateur staffer" , Cabelas "amateur staffer", Busch Light "PRO STAFFER"

Profile Email PM
Duggie
 June 17 2006 11:15PM  
Regular Contributor

Keep in mind the Prarie Du Chien store is a warehouse store as well. I wasn't impressed with the store as far as others i have seen, but if they don't have what you want they can damn well get it pretty quit!!!

Duggie

Profile Email PM
Duggie
 June 17 2006 11:18PM  
Regular Contributor

quick

Duggie

Profile Email PM
TIMMY
 June 17 2006 11:24PM  
Forum Senior Member

A warehouse store would be fine. Big Grin At least you wouldn't get that blank stare you get at Sportsman's. Eek!

Bass Pro "amateur staffer" , Cabelas "amateur staffer", Busch Light "PRO STAFFER"

Profile Email PM
dwhans
 June 18 2006 09:51AM  
Forum Junior
Junior

Be careful on what you say about this. I reported quiet a while back that Cabela officials had a meeting with the City of Coralville about a certain piece of land in the city. Since I work for the city I had the straight scoop on the deal. Well I was basically called a lair and a rumor starter by a few members on here. So far your lucky no one has attacked you on this subject. Maybe those individuals decided to finally grow up. I hope it does come Newton!! The news, whether it's true or false is nothing but positive for that area.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you and don't shiat where you eat!!

Profile Email PM
Rafsobbob
 August 09 2006 07:06AM  
Forum Senior Member

Well maybe its finally true, I just about fell out of my chair when KCCI said Cabelas thinking about Newton, then without skipping a beat the Wife says yea its was in the Des Moines Register. AAAAAAAAHHHHHH home equity loan here I come. Big Grin

Bob

My Grace Card "I promise to pray for you everyday, ask for your forgiveness, grant you the same, and be your friend ............... forever"

Profile Email PM
Anonymous: MAJ1966
 August 09 2006 07:49AM  

i hope its true for the folks that were employed my maytag. always good to see a large retailer come into a community. JOBS! Ive been to 3 cabeles, mitchell, owatanna, and kansas city. kansas city being my favorite. hope the one down in omaha/council bluffs is as neat as the kc one. kc has a a huge mule deer museum in it. pretty cool. plus the omaha/council bluffs one is a little over and hour away!! Big Grin Big Grin

ducks4me
 August 09 2006 09:14AM  
Forum Senior Member

[QUOTE BY= fishrman] I just got home from Prarie Du Chien store. Hope the new one is cooler than it was up there. No Air! Said it might be out for as long as 2 weeks. I can't believe they would let it be out that long. Must be something very major.

[/QUOTE]

STILL!! You have to be kidding me! I was up there on July 7 or 8 to pick up a sleeping bag for my son and it wasn't working then. Wonder if it has been on the fritz the whole time or if it has been an occational problem.

Ducks

Walking the path is simple. Finding the path is the hard part.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 3.08 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 08:01 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 3.36 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com