Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
11/23/2017 @ 11:42 PM

Forum Index > Hunting > Deer Hunting New Topic Post Reply
 1 deer hunter looking for a place to shotgun hunt

|  Printable Version
cleaver
 May 17 2017 07:38PM (Read 2196 times)  

I'm looking for a place to deer hunt during the first shotgun season of this year. I have 2 rejection points so getting a tag shouldn't be a problem this year. I would like a spot in the southern half of the state preferably with low hunting pressure. I would like to shoot a 135 class or better. I wouldn't have anyone hunting with me but have no problem sharing a property with someone. I'm honest, respectful and will follow all rules and regulations. Not looking for an outfitter hunt, would rather have a do it yourself hunt. I would need to come out and see the property and meet face to face before I sign any paperwork or give deposit. Call , text or email Tim at 706-260-7905

Profile Email PM
Brad Phillips
 May 17 2017 07:59PM  
Forum Senior Member

Probably need more info as far as what part of the state you would like to hunt, etc. Good time to start net working though, never to early to get some contacts working.

PAhntr760 "Ain't no free lunch internet answer gonna answer that"

Profile Email PM
mr.icefishing
 May 18 2017 06:33AM  
Forum Senior Member

Lots of good public ground all over the state.

Profile Email PM
Bob Er
 May 18 2017 09:16AM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Quote by: mr.icefishing

Apparently you didn't read his post. He wants a low pressured area and is willing to pay.

Profile Email PM
mr.icefishing
 May 18 2017 09:58AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: Bob+Er

Apparently you didn't read his post. He wants a low pressured area and is willing to pay.

He also said, he wanted a do it yourself hunt. What better way to do it yourself then, doing the work, scouting, and hopefully harvesting a nice buck. I truly wasn't trolling, just throwing out an option.

Public land can be a great resource if you're willing to put it the work. My brother, my son, and myself each harvested a turkey on public land in central iowa this spring. This required lots of walking, crossing creeks, etc. It wasn't easy, but super rewarding!

It seems to me that a lot of people just want to take the easiest option, to each their own I guess. Good luck on your hunt this fall.

Profile Email PM
speng5
 May 18 2017 09:59AM  
Forum Senior Member

He also said, he wanted a do it yourself hunt. What better way to do it yourself then, doing the work, scouting, and hopefully harvesting a nice buck. I truly wasn't trolling, just throwing out an option.

Probably not a bad idea, but I gleaned from the OPs post he is wanting to pay money to ensure he is the only one there.

"He had bought him a good horse, and traps, and other truck that went with being a mountain man, and said good-bye to whatever life was down there below."

Profile Email PM
TrapCyclone
 May 18 2017 11:33AM  
Forum Senior Member

While this is doable on public land in some areas (i.e., at least an hour's drive from any major metro area), if your time is limited and you want to increase your odds of harvesting a mature deer then your best bet is certainly to try to get permission on private ground. Good luck!

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem (I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery). -- Thomas Jefferson

Profile Email PM
HEROMA
 May 19 2017 07:27AM  
Forum Senior Member

I didn't see in his post that he is willing to pay? Funny how different people perceive things differently.

I'll second the public land option. Plenty of land in the state if you are willing to do the work.

GO STATE!!

Profile Email PM
maxx
 May 19 2017 07:58AM  
Forum Senior Member

Honestly I wouldn't point my worse enemy onto public ground in Iowa during shotgun 1 for sure, maybe shotgun 2.

Bow hunting no problem.

There were things he could do without declared Reed. "Steaks that don't bleed. Coffee with cream. Guys who don't swear. Boots that leak. Wild animals in cages. Bears trained to do tricks. Cheese that has no smell." Jay Reed

Profile Email PM
Brad Phillips
 May 19 2017 08:12AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: cleaver

I would need to come out and see the property and meet face to face before I sign any paperwork or give deposit.

PAhntr760 "Ain't no free lunch internet answer gonna answer that"

Profile Email PM
speng5
 May 19 2017 08:52AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: maxx

Honestly I wouldn't point my worse enemy onto public ground in Iowa during shotgun 1 for sure, maybe shotgun 2.

Bow hunting no problem.

Laughing Out Loud

That should be the fate of any ISIS members captured alive. Turned loose deep in Iowa WMA on day of shotgun 1.

"He had bought him a good horse, and traps, and other truck that went with being a mountain man, and said good-bye to whatever life was down there below."

Profile Email PM
TeamAsgrow
 May 19 2017 08:55AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: speng5

Quote by: maxx

Bow hunting no problem.

Laughing Out Loud

That should be the fate of any ISIS members captured alive. Turned loose deep in Iowa WMA on day of shotgun 1.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but if you work hard and walk farther in you shouldnt have any pressure Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Profile Email PM
HEROMA
 May 19 2017 09:31AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: Brad+Phillips

Quote by: cleaver

I would need to come out and see the property and meet face� to face before I sign any paperwork or give deposit.

my bad

as spenger would say I should work on my reading comprehension

looks like a lease to me

Good luck OP

GO STATE!!

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.33 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 11:42 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.36 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com