Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
08/19/2017 @ 09:10 PM

Forum Index > Miscellaneous > Iowa Outdoors Cookbook -- Recipes New Topic Post Reply
 Best gas grill???

|  Printable Version
iceking25
 June 12 2017 07:28PM (Read 2946 times)  
Forum Senior Member

I have tried several gas grills they all never make it past two years never tried any over $225

Does anyone make one that's worth a crap that will last that's worth the money ?

I already own a Weber charcoal but sometimes it would be nice to have the speed of the gas

Profile Email PM
Wapsi Willy
 June 12 2017 08:07PM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I have a Charbroil Commercial, all stainless, that I have used year round for at least 8 years. But I take good care of it. Kept in the garage and have replaced the burners twice and cooking grates once.
Use it all winter in the garage.
Think I paid $400, but like I said that has been about 8 years ago.

"That's gonna leave a mark!!"

Profile Email PM
CedarStorm1975
 June 12 2017 08:41PM  
Forum Senior Member

Weber ALSO makes a great line of gas grills that I think are worth checking out. I have the same dilema...they only last a few years at a time. My current one is at 4 years, I cover it, clean it, etc...and it is STILL rusting out. My next gasser is going to be a Weber gas grill for sure. Like many others, I don't have room to store a gas grill in my garage, so it's a piece of equipment that has a stately place out on the patio/deck.

"Anything that gets your blood racing is worth doing" -Hunter S. Thompson-

Profile Email PM
huntersafe
 June 12 2017 08:45PM  
Regular Contributor

We use the Char‑broil Commercial TRU‑Infrared Grill with 2 Burners. It does not flare up when I grill chicken. I once bought a grill every three years. I am going on six years and Lowes have it at about the same price as I bought mine $249.

Life is too short not to listen.

Profile Email PM
kenhump
 June 12 2017 08:52PM  
Forum Senior Member

Best one is the one with the ribeye on it. Mr. Green I am am going dual fuel. Weber or Charbroil.

Yes, caramel corn is a veggie.

Profile Email PM
IaCraig
 June 12 2017 09:38PM  
Forum Senior Member

I don't know if it is the best gas grill, but I do have a 3 burner weber gas grill and like it alot. Still requires a little maintenance and cleaning, but the design makes cleaning easier and after 4-5 years the grates are not peeling and falling apart. I also have seen replacement parts at places like Mills Fleet & Farm, so I am pretty sure it will last near indefinately

Profile Email PM
wolflb2
 June 12 2017 09:47PM  
Regular Contributor

I have a MHP that must be 15 years old, I know I have replaced the burners at least 6 times. Sits outside uncovered on my deck. No steel so no rust.

Profile Email PM
Brad Phillips
 June 12 2017 09:49PM  
Forum Senior Member

I have worn out a few gas grills, most just rust away.

I have went back to charcoal and a chimney style starter. Four pieces of newspaper and you are running...Eyeballing a "oklahoma" grill from Lowes, seems like a heavy gauge of steel.

I would like a Traeger, or a pellet type, but they are spendy....

PAhntr760 "Ain't no free lunch internet answer gonna answer that"

Profile Email PM
jesslab
 June 13 2017 06:35AM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

I bought a Phoenix gas grill 7 years ago and really like it. Only thing I have done to it is clean the pan underneath the grate. I too was tired of buying a new grill every two years. Worth the money in my opinion and worth checking out.

No matter what happens or who you are, You can Always hustle.

Profile Email PM
ccb1
 June 13 2017 06:42AM  
Forum Junior
Junior

ditto on Charbroil Commercial, all stainless, have had for ten years.

Taking good care of things is not my forte spend its life on deck does have cover.
Had to replace burners twice but they are guarantee for life their customer service is great.

Profile Email PM
iowavf
 June 13 2017 07:01AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: CedarStorm1975

Weber ALSO makes a great line of gas grills that I think are worth checking out. I have the same dilema...they only last a few years at a time. My current one is at 4 years, I cover it, clean it, etc...and it is STILL rusting out. My next gasser is going to be a Weber gas grill for sure. Like many others, I don't have room to store a gas grill in my garage, so it's a piece of equipment that has a stately place out on the patio/deck.

Had my Weber for 8 years or so, still in great shape.

Profile Email PM
critterxx
 June 13 2017 07:56AM  

I have a sunbeam that is over 25 yrs old. Been married for 30 and its the only grill that I have ever owned ( except for a few small ones ). The only thing that I have replaced is the front glass. It has always lived in the garage and still going strong.

Profile Email PM
jnrbronc
 June 13 2017 08:00AM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

I have a Char Broil 3 in 1 roaster smoker grill that allows you to do it all. I keep it in the garage when not in use, so can't say how one would hold up to weather. I've been very pleased with it.

Profile Email PM
cowboy
 June 13 2017 08:00AM  
Regular Contributor

Quote by: huntersafe

We use the Char�broil Commercial TRU�Infrared Grill with 2 Burners. It does not flare up when I grill chicken. I once bought a grill every three years. I am going on six years and Lowes have it at about the same price as I bought mine $249.

This!!!
Infrared is amazing.

Shannon (Cowboy)

Profile Email PM
m sauer
 June 13 2017 09:10AM  
Forum Senior Member

Honestly, I got rid of my last gas grill a couple years ago and went to a Weber Kettle. Once you get dialed in, it is easy and food tastes way better on it.

Profile Email PM
moose07
 June 13 2017 09:20AM  
Forum Junior
Junior

Ive owned alot of grills and smokers over the years. Something you may consider is a pellet grill but you have to worry about electricity and the price point. You cant beat food off the charoal grill.

Profile Email PM
Jefro
 June 13 2017 09:49AM  
Forum Admin
Admin

I've had a Weber spirit gas grill for about 10 years. Leave it on the deck, covered and have only had to replace the "flavor bars".

How are all of these grills rusting out? Are they covered and still rusting?

Profile Email PM
TrapCyclone
 June 13 2017 11:20AM  
Forum Senior Member

I have a Weber Genesis that is made of stainless steel and has been stored outside, but with a Weber cover on it for about 10 years and it practically looks as good as the day I bought it. If you are buying a new $225 grill every 2 years or so then it might be worth paying the extra to get a good one that will last many times that.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem (I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery). -- Thomas Jefferson

Profile Email PM
walleye jim
 June 13 2017 11:45AM  
Regular Contributor

imo do not get a grill with a side burner.. they drain away from the grill and dont work that well in heating water for say sweet corn.. dont do it...

Profile Email PM
IaCraig
 June 13 2017 01:31PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: Jefro

I've had a Weber spirit gas grill for about 10 years. Leave it on the deck, covered and have only had to replace the "flavor bars".

How are all of these grills rusting out? Are they covered and still rusting?

Speaking from my personal experience they rust from the inside out...... I had a sears kenmore for about 6 years . (basically a charbroil). It was always covered but the main grates just deteriorated away and replacements were spendy. Also the flavor bars were replaced several times and most recently the burners rusted out. Also the igniter didn't work more often than it did. I was going to resurrect it until my wife bought me the Weber for fathers day. Glad she did, new grates, burners, ignitor and flavor bars for the Kenmore were about the same $ as the grill was new............... plus when I did throw it out I got a little rough with it and learned that other parts were rusted too so my resurrection would have probably only lasted 1 or 2 years.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.44 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 09:10 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.48 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com