Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
06/27/2017 @ 07:18 AM

Forum Index > Miscellaneous > Iowa Outdoors Cookbook -- Recipes New Topic Post Reply
 Best gas grill???

|  Printable Version
moose07
 June 17 2017 04:59PM  
Forum Junior
Junior

Unfortunately you have to order it. Unless you wanna road trip to kansas. I forget what shipping was, something like 150 sounds about right. They drop it offwith a tractor trailer with a lift gate so you have to be home. I didnt want to wait for a trailer with a lift gate so i unloaded mine with a skidloader off the semi.

Profile Email PM
moose07
 June 17 2017 05:02PM  
Forum Junior
Junior

I forgot to mention i got it from all things bbq. Great people to do business with. Plus awesome selection of rubs and sauces if your into that.

Profile Email PM
medicdano
 June 17 2017 07:41PM  
Forum Senior Member

A Yoder is a nice grill. I have had a Green Mountain for 3 years now and love it. I do wish it got a little hotter, but I can still make a better steak than any restaurant. Not to mention it smokes AWESOME! And its half the price of a Yoder with a cover and blanket.

The temple of a true outdoorsman is the outdoors itself.

Profile Email PM
moose07
 June 17 2017 08:57PM  
Forum Junior
Junior

My folks love the food off my yoder but arent interested in the price. I know of a place pretty close that sells green mountain smokers. How long have you had yours? I take it you would recommend it? What are their weak points?

Profile Email PM
moose07
 June 17 2017 08:58PM  
Forum Junior
Junior

Sorry, i see you had it 3 yrs.

Profile Email PM
medicdano
 June 18 2017 04:10AM  
Forum Senior Member

To be honest, I can't think of any weak points, at least none that would prevent me from buying another. I love mine!

The temple of a true outdoorsman is the outdoors itself.

Profile Email PM
m sauer
 June 18 2017 08:25AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: medicdano

A Yoder is a nice grill. I have had a Green Mountain for 3 years now and love it. I do wish it got a little hotter, but I can still make a better steak than any restaurant. Not to mention it smokes AWESOME! And its half the price of a Yoder with a cover and blanket.

I like my Green Mountain also. I don't do a whole lot of grilling on it compared to my charcoal weber but it works great for grilling and really good for smoking.

Profile Email PM
wolflb2
 June 18 2017 11:12AM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Quote by: maxx

I am switching to a pellet I just haven't decided which one yet. Green mountain is on the list cause of
Wifi but I am thinking I want to buy once and have something that can get hotter. I am thinking Rec Ted or yoder.

I have a green mountain, great smoker but its not a grill. I tried hamburgers and brats and it got them hot enough but no char. Pizza is great on it. I have the wifi but don't use it the feature as much as I thought since I have to be within its range. Having my phone beep when its low on pellets is good.

Profile Email PM
moose07
 June 18 2017 06:28PM  
Forum Junior
Junior

Grill grates would help you with the char. I use mine on the yoder and works awesome. I didn't get char without them either. I still think for grilling charcoal is my favorite.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.11 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 07:18 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.15 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com