Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
07/21/2017 @ 03:46 AM

Forum Index > Fishing > General Fishing Forum New Topic Post Reply
 A Normal Day of Kayak Catfishing

|  Printable Version
katfish
 July 15 2017 08:02AM (Read 916 times)  

So this is kind of how a normal day of kayak fishing goes for me. We argue about how we will shuttle vehicles, I make fun of Denny Ransom, and then we go fishing. Sometimes we even catch some fish. Hope you enjoy!

Profile Email PM
TrapCyclone
 July 15 2017 06:49PM  
Forum Senior Member

Nice video with some good cats. Do you ever keep any of the eater size cats? Looks like you are having a blast on the river. How exactly does the set-up with that orange tubular float thing you had on your line work? It looked like it was behind an egg sinker so it wasn't clear how exactly that works. Was it a slip bobber?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem (I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery). -- Thomas Jefferson

Profile Email PM
katfish
 July 16 2017 01:59PM  

Quote by: TrapCyclone

Nice video with some good cats. Do you ever keep any of the eater size cats? Looks like you are having a blast on the river. How exactly does the set-up with that orange tubular float thing you had on your line work? It looked like it was behind an egg sinker so it wasn't clear how exactly that works. Was it a slip bobber?

I love floating the river. Its definitely my favorite way to fish. The orange tubular thing is a slip float (whiskerseeker, which is why its orange). I was just letting it float with my kayak while I drifted down river. Works great till it snags haha. Glad you enjoyed the video!

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.05 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 03:46 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.08 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com