Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
12/16/2017 @ 10:19 PM

Forum Index > Hunting > Dog Training New Topic Post Reply
 Some puppy work with some terrible shooting.LMAO

|  Printable Version
Spionhund
 August 01 2017 10:18AM (Read 1429 times)  
Forum Senior Member

Please try and enjoy the short videos of some puppy work. The youngster is 14 weeks old form my "C" litter. The larger dog is 14 months old that I imported from Germany.
Not sure what was going on with my shooting, but I missed 10 birds and at one point didnt have the gun loaded. I think I wanted to kill a bird for this pup so bad it was getting in my head.
Enjoy the videos

Mockitt 14 weeks
https://youtu.be/Rg0-FX_fhRU

Anka 14 months
https://youtu.be/eIk02iAr3eQ

Mockitt
https://youtu.be/Hy0g9MxmRoc

Anka
https://youtu.be/Eq5cX8sWMIw

My personal favorite
https://youtu.be/znaOy7vuTKM

[url]

www.huntwithamunster.com

Profile Email Website PM
maxx
 August 01 2017 10:29AM  
Forum Senior Member

For some reasons pigeons are really hard to hit. I have had my share fly away.

14 weeks is really young what work have you put into the dog prior to that? I haven't done much for shooting over dogs until they hit the 6-7 month age then again I don't have a lot so I tend to go really slow because of fear of screwing them up.

Do you Whoa break your older dogs and train them to be steady until released? I was going to train my flusher to sit on flush and I don't think it would have been that hard but once I started hunting I just didn't feel the need.

When I would hunt her with a pointer I would whistle sit her when the other dogs would point and then she was steady until I released her based on all the waterfowl hunting she did. Probably my favorite bird I ever shot over her came that way. The dog went on point 45-50 yards passed her. She was in between me and that pointer. I sat her bird flushed flow over her then me and I shot the bird. She re-positioned and rotated 180 degrees marked the bird and waited for me to release her to retrieve. It was pretty awesome.

There were things he could do without declared Reed. "Steaks that don't bleed. Coffee with cream. Guys who don't swear. Boots that leak. Wild animals in cages. Bears trained to do tricks. Cheese that has no smell." Jay Reed

Profile Email PM
Spionhund
 August 01 2017 11:38AM  
Forum Senior Member

I dont put anything into them other than exposure to the birds. The rest is just there. I already have them chasing and searching the water for ducks. A pup in y "A" litter had something like 60 plus wild birds, duck,doves and Pheasanrts by the end of her first season. She started between 4 and 5 months old. Hunting them that young is limited, I only have my buyers hunt them for 30 minutes at a time. ANother "A" litter pup went on to be Wood*censored* banding champion in MN in her first year. For a young dog to point, hold and allow the handler to band the chic is pretty impressive.

This is video of a pup that was either 12 or 14 weeks getting after a duck.
https://youtu.be/2l54TOORiMo

And of coarse there is all kind of Munsterlander stuff on my FB pages
Mary Standiford
Cedar River Kliene Munsterlanders
Kleine Munsterlanders hunting,training and testing.

DISCLAIMER I HAVE NO PUPPIES TO SELL. This is strickly informative

As for steadying up. I will do it for testing purposes only. I really like my dogs to break on the shot when hunting. We all know a phez that has been wounded puts on his track shoes and waits for no dog. So, it is fun to see my male. He has been through ALL of the NAVHDA testing and ALL of the JGHV testing at top level. When we train, he is steady to fall and tap on the head to send. But when we hunt he just knows and he just goes.

What you described with your pup is awesome! those are the memories that make all the good and bad days of training worth every minute!

www.huntwithamunster.com

Profile Email Website PM
maxx
 August 01 2017 01:39PM  
Forum Senior Member

Fortunately or unfortunately the dog I was talking about is 14 now. She gets around dam good, eats like a champ. She cant hear for crap and she is starting to have pooping issues. I do think guys get 1 or 2 dogs in there life's that you look back and say that is the one. That was this girl. My 6 year old dog is handful still.

Ya I am not sure on the steady to flush thing. In a duck blind it is 100% important. I have heard two ways of thinking. Get the dog on the bird as fast as possible. Have the dog steady so they get a good mark and then let them go.

There were things he could do without declared Reed. "Steaks that don't bleed. Coffee with cream. Guys who don't swear. Boots that leak. Wild animals in cages. Bears trained to do tricks. Cheese that has no smell." Jay Reed

Profile Email PM
Spionhund
 August 02 2017 03:26PM  
Forum Senior Member

I think we were on different pages. LMAO
We do steadiness in the field, but not when we hunt upland, just for tests.

In the blind, the dog is steady until sent.

www.huntwithamunster.com

Profile Email Website PM
SADIEHAWKINS
 August 06 2017 01:02PM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

Nice videos mary. For me you can't start them early enough. it's amazing what their little brain can comprehend at that age.

Profile Email PM
Spionhund
 August 08 2017 08:51PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: SADIEHAWKINS

Nice videos mary. For me you can't start them early enough. it's amazing what their little brain can comprehend at that age.

Agreed. Their minds are like little sponges!!

www.huntwithamunster.com

Profile Email Website PM
HEROMA
 August 11 2017 07:22AM  
Forum Senior Member

I enjoyed the videos. It's obvious to me that you've spent some time with your breeding and training. I really like the drive and intensity of your 14 week old. You can see she is locked into her job.

GO STATE!!

Profile Email PM
Spionhund
 August 11 2017 10:54AM  
Forum Senior Member

Thank you.
I have great success with my 3 litters. You always have that one that you wonder where the hell it came from. But the majority have been real nice dogs. I even had a guy that found out I was spaying this *censored* and took another pup. So he has an A litter and a C litter pup. He is the pup doing the marks.

I am sure there will be more video to come. :-)

www.huntwithamunster.com

Profile Email Website PM
Content generated in: 0.20 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 10:19 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.24 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com