Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
11/18/2017 @ 03:16 PM

Forum Index > Miscellaneous > Gardening New Topic Post Reply
 How your garden doing??

|  Printable Version
TeamAsgrow
 September 20 2017 08:46AM  
Forum Senior Member

Good looking box of peppers! my anaheims wont turn read! I have roasted a bunch and want to dry some red ones!

Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Profile Email PM
Larry Richard
 September 21 2017 01:19PM  
Forum Senior Member

my last roasting ears came out yesterday. tomatoes and peppers growing good yet. rest of garden is covered with soybeans I tilled in when I took out the crops to provide weed coverage and maybe some N. Oh, and one volunteer watermelon I am hoping will get ripe before frost. doc

How come there is never time enough to do things right when there is always time to do it over again? doc

Profile Email PM
IowaSportsmanGuy
 September 21 2017 06:12PM  

Tomatoes and jalapeƱos are growing well. Leaving the jalapeƱos longer this year to get some red streaks.

Profile Email PM
bugs11
 September 29 2017 11:16AM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

Picking tons of perfect tomatoes and peppers. Seems like every tomato on every plant is starting to ripen. We're done canning sauces and salsa, so I'm just giving them away. This year has been one of my best tomato years in recent history. Late planted wax beans and spinach are starting to produce. Late planted lettuce looks good too, not ready to pick though. Last year we had fresh lettuce up through Thanksgiving. Got ambitious (or foolish) and planted some radish seeds earlier this week.

Profile Email PM
TeamAsgrow
 September 29 2017 12:11PM  
Forum Senior Member

I have a lot of lettuce up, some will be ready to grow under the cover hopefully until Christmas and over winter. I have been shelling beans like crazy when I let the dogs out for the evenings, going to make some great bean soup and seed stock for next summer

Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.20 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 03:16 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.26 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com