Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
12/16/2017 @ 07:08 AM

Forum Index > Miscellaneous > Love it....Hate it... New Topic Post Reply
 Tires

|  Printable Version
Wildcats789
 August 25 2017 10:12PM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

Love Firestone Destination MTs. Decent mileage but, hard compound. Hate anything Goodyear.

Profile Email PM
tla100
 August 27 2017 04:30PM  
Forum Senior Member

Running Firestone Transforce AT's on truck now. Seem to be holding up ok, lot of towing and gravel .

I researched a lot before buying them, and have been pretty happy so far.

Profile Email PM
kenhump
 August 27 2017 07:23PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Stizos

I've been running Hankooks since the turn of the century. Eek! And they will be my next tires I purchase also.

I'm running Hankook 275/70/20s. Dynapro I think. 40K +. No complaint except a bit of noise a high speed. So I put on louder duals. Big Grin Problem solved.

Yes, caramel corn is a veggie.

Profile Email PM
IowaSportsmanGuy
 September 21 2017 10:16AM  
Forum Junior
Junior

Cooper atp3 LT. They bite well offroad, not noisy on the road, don't hydroplane in heavy rain, and last for miles. They are not winter rated but worked well enough the truck didn't need any sand bags in two wheel drive. You pay a little more but get more bang for your buck. Tried the ath for a roadtrip suv. They are even quieter and worked decent in the fields but couldn't cut it in the feed lot.

Profile Email PM
ECFirearms
 September 21 2017 11:38AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: OutdoorsFreak

What is everyones choice of tire for there truck.. just trying to get some opinions before I make a decision and not having very good luck with tires lately.

I have had good luck with Toyo OPEN COUNTRY A/T II LT tires. Just bought another set of them for my dodge ram, got 76,000 miles out of the first set of Toyo's.
I run 25% gravel and 75% blacktop. I pull a camper, utility trailer, or boat with them. Works good in the snow and rain.
Run me around $1000 for a set, but they last twice as long as the last truck tires I had....

"Second Amendment - Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?" -- IAShooters

Profile Email Website PM
Larry Richard
 September 21 2017 01:14PM  
Forum Senior Member

Wranglers for me. Trade trucks every 5 to 6 years, and never have to replace the originals. doc

How come there is never time enough to do things right when there is always time to do it over again? doc

Profile Email PM
TrapCyclone
 October 11 2017 03:05PM  
Forum Senior Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT tires? How about Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires? Been looking at those as well as a couple others as I am likely going to need new tires before winter. Thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone has any experience with those tires and what your thoughts are.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem (I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery). -- Thomas Jefferson

Profile Email PM
338winmag
 October 11 2017 05:03PM  
Forum Junior
Junior

Quote by: ECFirearms

What is everyones choice of tire for there truck.. just trying to get some opinions before I make a decision and not having very good luck with tires lately.

I have had good luck with Toyo OPEN COUNTRY A/T II LT tires. Just bought another set of them for my dodge ram, got 76,000 miles out of the first set of Toyo's.
I run 25% gravel and 75% blacktop. I pull a camper, utility trailer, or boat with them. Works good in the snow and rain.
Run me around $1000 for a set, but they last twice as long as the last truck tires I had....

X2 on the Toyo AT II's been running them for a number of years on our work trucks. Not a lot of gravel but have had them on 4 F150s and 2 suburbans. somewhere around 70K each set. Had a set of Toyo open country MT's on my f350 80% gravel and 20% blacktop just changed them out after almost 40k.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if your stupid." John Wayne

Profile Email PM
Tin Roof
 October 11 2017 06:17PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: TrapCyclone

Does anyone have any experience with the Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT tires? How about Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires? Been looking at those as well as a couple others as I am likely going to need new tires before winter. Thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone has any experience with those tires and what your thoughts are.

I've had good luck with the AT3. That's what I usually run on my work truck.

Profile Email PM
scruffy
 October 11 2017 06:18PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: TrapCyclone

My decision came down to BFG KO2's and Cooper AT3's. The AT3's are quite a bit cheaper and come in a lighter P series, not just LTs, and i was looking at an AT3 today on the wall and it looked like the tread was glued onto the tire, like a retread or something? I need to see if that was a bad looking tire or what they all look like and how they're constructed. I've had the original KO's on a truck in the past and another set are on my jeep now, no complaints (as long as I kept them rotated so they wore even to keep down the howl). I actually have an old set of KO from back in the 90's on a hay rack (tires outlived the truck LOL). So leaning heavily towards the KO2's for my current truck. They're pricey, but like anything you get what you pay for...

You can run coyote, but you'll just die tired.

Profile Email PM
cyclones30
 October 11 2017 09:00PM  
Forum Senior Member

After a fair amount of research I just put a set of Hankook dynapro atm's on my half ton. Got 64k out of my stock Goodyear wranglers so I looked at them again, cooper at3, firestone destination and others.

Profile Email PM
bowhunter87
 October 12 2017 08:43AM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I have had a couple of sets of cooper AT3's. First set was on a Tacoma and they worked good, but I lived in town at the time. I now live on a gravel and wont be buying them again. I get a new puncture from the rocks a couple times a month. I bet I got about 20 patches or plugs in them with 30-40K miles and cant wait to get something different.

Profile Email PM
cowboy
 October 12 2017 01:35PM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Quote by: 338winmag

Quote by: ECFirearms

X2 on the Toyo AT II's been running them for a number of years on our work trucks. Not a lot of gravel but have had them on 4 F150s and 2 suburbans. somewhere around 70K each set. Had a set of Toyo open country MT's on my f350 80% gravel and 20% blacktop just changed them out after almost 40k.

That is great to hear, this is what I am putting on my F150 next month. Pretty sweet looking tire.

Shannon (Cowboy)

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.47 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 07:08 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.51 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com