Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
12/16/2017 @ 07:03 AM

Forum Index > Hunting > Firearms Legislation New Topic Post Reply
 Las Vegas

|  Printable Version
oaxaca
 October 02 2017 08:52AM (Read 12704 times)  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Why no discussion?

Chap

Profile Email PM
speng5
 October 02 2017 09:15AM  
Forum Senior Member

Maybe because its a tad soon to be tossing this into the pile of divisive political issues on the heels of a major tragedy. There will be time enough Im sure to dissect this situation and point fingers at one party or another as to whos "fault" crap like this is.

Prayers to all those affected.

"He had bought him a good horse, and traps, and other truck that went with being a mountain man, and said good-bye to whatever life was down there below."

Profile Email PM
CRIA1576
 October 02 2017 09:37AM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

x2 Speng

There aren't nearly enough details available yet to have a constructive dialogue about this inhumane tragedy. Listening to the cell phone video chilled me to the bone, and I just cannot imagine what the people caught in the crossfire felt and are feeling today.d Prayers and thoughts to the victims and their families, and if you have a blood center nearby it may be a good time to donate.

In a couple days I am sure the usual suspects will politicize and claim a macabre "victory" in this debate. My hope is that on this forum we can remain united and level-headed.

Joel Johnson

Profile Email PM
Norhawk
 October 02 2017 10:01AM  

Same thoughts as Speng 5, it is too early tell. Such a sad and tragic event...Thoughts and prayers will all of those affected.

Profile Email PM
mhock
 October 02 2017 10:42AM  
Forum Senior Member

Clearly the weapons used were illegal.

Genesis 9 : 1 - 3

Profile Email PM
TeamAsgrow
 October 02 2017 10:48AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: mhock

How so? Nothing is clear at this point. In Nevada Class III weapons are legal.

There is nothing concrete at this moment aside from the fact that someone snapped and hundreds of people were injured and dozens died due to his

Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Profile Email PM
PaulB
 October 02 2017 10:51AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

There is nothing concrete at this moment aside from the fact that someone snapped and hundreds of people were injured and dozens died due to his

X2.

The guy reportedly owned airplanes so he could have had a Class III firearms license if he so desired.

You never get too old to learn, but you may get too old to remember what you learned.

Profile Email PM
mhock
 October 02 2017 11:10AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

My mistake. Didn't realize fully automatic were legal. Thanks for correcting me.

Profile Email PM
drmac22
 October 02 2017 11:44AM  
Forum Senior Member

after watching the Tv Show Sons of Guns and then finding out what kind of a real person Will Hayden is and he having access to all kinds of Automatiic weapons. It will not surprise me that this guy has a Lic for automatic weapons. The Bottom line is a bat $hit crazy man shot up a Concert and Killed a Bunch of innocent people and wounded a lot more.. This world is just becoming to crazy. I was in Vegas at a George Strait concert in July. Makes me think no place is safe these days. I send thoughts and Prayers to all those people and their family and I lowered my Flag to Half Mast today. I wish I knew the right answer to fix this kind of stuff from happening. I just don't understand how someone can do this. Cry

Go Hawkeyes!

Profile Email Website PM
Norhawk
 October 02 2017 12:06PM  

X2 The world definitely seems to be getting crazier at times.

Quote by: drmac22

after watching the Tv Show Sons of Guns and then finding out what kind of a real person Will Hayden is and he having access to all kinds of Automatiic weapons. It will not surprise me that this guy has a Lic for automatic weapons. The Bottom line is a bat $hit crazy man shot up a Concert and Killed a Bunch of innocent people and wounded a lot more.. This world is just becoming to crazy. I was in Vegas at a George Strait concert in July. Makes me think no place is safe these days. I send thoughts and Prayers to all those people and their family and I lowered my Flag to Half Mast today. I wish I knew the right answer to fix this kind of stuff from happening. I just don't understand how someone can do this. Cry

Profile Email PM
mulespurs
 October 02 2017 12:23PM  

The weapons were used illegally, whatever they were. The shooter was insane and therefore trying to reason out why he did what he did will be fruitless.

Taking your and my guns and rights away because of what he did would be like casterating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids

Profile Email PM
mhock
 October 02 2017 12:42PM  
Forum Senior Member

It's funny you mention Will Hayden. That was the first person I thought of whe they showed the gunman's picture.

Profile Email PM
drmac22
 October 02 2017 01:15PM  
Forum Senior Member

It's funny you mention Will Hayden. That was the first person I thought of whe they showed the gunman's picture.

Your right..! Wow! i really didnt intend that. Just saying that alot of crazy people who you never know how they really are.

Go Hawkeyes!

Profile Email Website PM
White81
 October 02 2017 03:42PM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

What really irritates me is the democrats already getting on their soap box about tougher gun laws to prevent stuff like this. However, what they have found about this guy so far would suggest nothing that would disqualify him as a gun owner. Plain and simple, you cant pass laws to stop crazy people from doing crazy things.

Ol Killary already out making statements against silencers and the NRA, not sure what silencers have to do with this situation. Other Dems taking the podium to preach tougher gun laws. Looks like they have no concern about the situation, they just see this as another opportunity to push their agenda.

Profile Email PM
dogdown
 October 02 2017 06:53PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: oaxaca

Why no discussion?

What are waiting for, we or at least I know what you are wanting or going to say. Even when the facts are out, whether correct or not, you and your party will twist it so you can push your agenda. They found ingredients to make a bomb and could have thrown that from the same window and done just as much. Timothy McVey used explosives to create the United States worst mass killing. It's only a matter of time before the US experiences another truck bomb, but you and the Liberals will concentrate on the pistol or assault rifle that the individual purchased at a gun show like you did with McVey. So what are you waiting for, Oaxaca.

Profile Email PM
speng5
 October 02 2017 07:01PM  
Forum Senior Member

How do we know OP is a dirty leftie? His question seemed neutral enough. Maybe a tad soon, but neutral enough. That's a pretty heated response from a pretty simple question...

"He had bought him a good horse, and traps, and other truck that went with being a mountain man, and said good-bye to whatever life was down there below."

Profile Email PM
mtpolito
 October 02 2017 07:19PM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

Quote by: dogdown

Quote by: oaxaca

Why no discussion?

What are waiting for, we or at least I know what you are wanting or going to say. Even when the facts are out, whether correct or not, you and your party will twist it so you can push your agenda. They found ingredients to make a bomb and could have thrown that from the same window and done just as much. Timothy McVey used explosives to create the United States worst mass killing. It's only a matter of time before the US experiences another truck bomb, but you and the Liberals will concentrate on the pistol or assault rifle that the individual purchased at a gun show like you did with McVey. So what are you waiting for, Oaxaca.

I'm not sure the process for obtaining the means to produce and deploy a bomb like McVey's is as simple as you make it sound anymore. There were some significant changes made after Oklahoma City, and if similar changes were implemented with firearms, it would ruffle the feathers of quite a few of us pro 2A people. My first thoughts when I heard the details of the shooting today were exactly that. Could someone obtain and implement a bomb/mass destructive device and deploy it as easily with the same or larger results? I'm not sure. Are there key, and valid, reasons why guns are easier to obtain? I think so.

It has not dawned on him that outdoor recreations are essentially primitive, atavistic; that their value is a contrast-value; that excessive mechanization destroys contrasts by moving the factory to the woods or the marsh. -Leopold

Profile Email PM
dogdown
 October 02 2017 07:37PM  
Forum Senior Member

August 2017 anti Trump rally in Reno, NV, seems that there may be a video of the op participating. Wealthy realtor, he could probably purchase anything he wanted. Legal or not. Of course, those that think they are someone important are already calling for gun control. The list will grow.

Profile Email PM
kenhump
 October 02 2017 07:48PM  
Forum Admin
Admin

Any conclusions, beyond why he did what he did, will be just conclusions. To understand the working of a sick mind will not be done by reporters and commentators with marginal intellect. Angry

Yes, caramel corn is a veggie.

Profile Email PM
mtpolito
 October 02 2017 07:57PM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

"In an interview with the Associated Press, Eric Paddock said his brother was "not a normal guy" and last had contact with him in September in a series of text messages. "

"Eric Paddock confirmed to multiple outlets that Stephen Paddock's father was Benjamin Hoskins Paddock, a notorious bank robber who was on the FBI's most wanted list for eight years after escaping from prison in 1969. He once tried to run down a federal agent with his car and was serving a 20-year sentence for a string of robberies in Phoenix when he escaped.

An FBI poster about the elder Paddock at the time called him "armed and very dangerous" and he remained on the bureau's list until 1977. He died in 1998."

I guess I find these details more interesting and credible than video of someone we think was him.

As for his wealth, yeah, he had the means to purchase whatever he wanted, but that doesn't mean a bombing was easier.

It has not dawned on him that outdoor recreations are essentially primitive, atavistic; that their value is a contrast-value; that excessive mechanization destroys contrasts by moving the factory to the woods or the marsh. -Leopold

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.61 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 07:03 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.66 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com