Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
10/19/2017 @ 03:03 PM

Forum Index > Hunting > Firearms Legislation New Topic Post Reply
 Las Vegas

|  Printable Version
BrownItsDown
 October 10 2017 02:44PM  
Forum Senior Member

The only reason I can see them waiting so long would be to see if there were any explosives in the area? Plus I think they had to evacuate the hotel? Not sure if the entire hotel was evacuated or not. The shooting stopped I believe long before they breached so I assume he killed himself shortly after the gunfire on the crowd ended. [/p]

Close to 600 injured or dead in 11 to 17 minutes. Evacuating the building and taking time to check for explosives were time consuming options that came at a high price.

This is 911 - Kiss your butt goodbye and dial-a-prayer. How may I help u?

Profile Email PM
medicdano
 October 10 2017 02:53PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: BrownItsDown

The only reason I can see them waiting so long would be to see if there were any explosives in the area? Plus I think they had to evacuate the hotel? Not sure if the entire hotel was evacuated or not. The shooting stopped I believe long before they breached so I assume he killed himself shortly after the gunfire on the crowd ended.

Close to 600 injured or dead in 11 to 17 minutes. Evacuating the building and taking time to check for explosives were time consuming options that came at a high price.

This is 911 - Kiss your butt goodbye and dial-a-prayer. How may I help u?[/p][/QUOTE]

Easy guys. Nobody knows the exact timeline yet to go blaming LE that they didnt do something fast enough. Let's not bash the people trying to save lives until we have ALL the facts, which none of the public has yet.

The temple of a true outdoorsman is the outdoors itself.

Profile Email PM
mhock
 October 10 2017 03:15PM  
Forum Senior Member

The only reason I can see them waiting so long would be to see if there were any explosives in the area? Plus I think they had to evacuate the hotel? Not sure if the entire hotel was evacuated or not. The shooting stopped I believe long before they breached so I assume he killed himself shortly after the gunfire on the crowd ended.

This is 911 - Kiss your butt goodbye and dial-a-prayer. How may I help u?[/p][/QUOTE]I agree if that was done it had to have been time consuming but what if there was another shooter ready to rain down on evacuees as the hotel was being emptied ?

Genesis 9 : 1 - 3

Profile Email PM
iowavf
 October 10 2017 03:46PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: medicdano

Easy guys. Nobody knows the exact timeline yet to go blaming LE that they didnt do something fast enough. Let's not bash the people trying to save lives until we have ALL the facts, which none of the public has yet.[/p][/QUOTE]Ya, you can what if all you want but look how information changed a week after the shooting? It was reported the guard was shot after he was done shooting at the crowd, now they said he was shot 6 minutes before the shooting. Has to be some more information they're not wanting the public to know about yet that might explain a lot of things.

Profile Email PM
BrownItsDown
 October 10 2017 08:06PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: medicdano

Easy guys. Nobody knows the exact timeline yet to go blaming LE that they didnt do something fast enough. Let's not bash the people trying to save lives until we have ALL the facts, which none of the public has yet.[/p][/QUOTE]

I'm not knocking the officers. I'm knocking the entire emergency response system in Sin City, where someone can easily pack a hotel room with enough guns and ammo to start WWIII, without being noticed, in a room overlooking a an outdoor venue full of thousands of defenseless spectators.

That entire situational scenario was only a matter of time. Blame guns, bump stocks, legislation, mental illness all you want. With our cultural false sense of security, complete oversight by Sin City in general, and unacceptable emergency response time, this was bound to happen.

Profile Email PM
kenhump
 October 10 2017 09:13PM  
Forum Senior Member

I could swear one of the first reports by response team was shooter was on 31st floor vs 32nd. Am I remembering wrong.

Yes, caramel corn is a veggie.

Profile Email PM
medicdano
 October 10 2017 09:51PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: kenhump

I could swear one of the first reports by response team was shooter was on 31st floor vs 32nd. Am I remembering wrong.

You're correct.

The temple of a true outdoorsman is the outdoors itself.

Profile Email PM
kenhump
 October 10 2017 11:16PM  
Forum Senior Member

Thanks. I'm trying to get the time line straight in my head.

Yes, caramel corn is a veggie.

Profile Email PM
BrownItsDown
 October 11 2017 09:12AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: kenhump

Thanks. I'm trying to get the time line straight in my head.

It's been over a week since the massacre. I'm going off of the most current information that has been compiled and released.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.33 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 03:03 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.38 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com