Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
10/19/2017 @ 03:04 PM

Forum Index > Hunting > General Hunting New Topic Post Reply
 Hunting clothing

|  Printable Version
Phino
 October 05 2017 02:39AM (Read 866 times)  

Hi guys, I am new to hunt...
Just wondering what clothes do you prefer?

Profile Email PM
nahdogg
 October 05 2017 08:24AM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

It really depends on the hunt. For upland most any clothes work but I try to avoid things that will be more prone to pick up burrs and stickers. I prefer taller boots to help keep stuff out of my shoes but I'm going to try gators this year. I've hunted upland from opening day in pants and a t shirt with a hunting vest and cap to multiple layers, carhart, and stocking cap. For squirrel and rabbit I've just tried to be comfortable and concealed, I have a camo compression shirt that I wear and like that. For ducks I am usually out in late season and it's cold and windy and rainy. I wear many layers and try to have wool in most of them. Most hunting I do is when it's cold so that usually means doing my best to stay warm and dry. Layers are great because you can shed or open up if you're getting to warm walking hills. I especially like a thick wool scarf I have because I can feel much warmer or cooler by taking it off or wrapping it up higher. The hunting clothes I've spent the most on are better boots and a pair of waders. Everything else is just my normal wardrobe with a small number (2) in camo.

Profile Email PM
HEUY
 October 12 2017 10:59AM  
Forum Senior Member

Listen to NAHDOG. He is correct.
Another thing I have done is to always have a rain jacket handy. It cuts down on heat lose from wind. I layer under that. I also use a lot of fleece which is forgiving when it comes to sweat. Avoid cotton next to your skin. It dries out very slowly!!

Layers (lots)! I often have 3-5 layers on or at least available. I use a backpack and carry my extras there.
Wool Socks + liners
Fleece layers also.
I often use black electrician tape around my bottom pant legs so twigs and stuff do not get into them. Can also use that to cover your muzzle to keep rain and junk out of that also.

Always remember what's important in your life!

Profile Email PM
maxx
 October 12 2017 01:13PM  
Forum Senior Member

What ever I can find on sale.

There were things he could do without declared Reed. "Steaks that don't bleed. Coffee with cream. Guys who don't swear. Boots that leak. Wild animals in cages. Bears trained to do tricks. Cheese that has no smell." Jay Reed

Profile Email PM
Tilalit
 October 13 2017 04:14AM  

Quote by: Phino

Hi guys, I am new to hunt...
Just wondering what clothes do you prefer?

I want to share a great website with you. You can find out plenty of useful information on this website such as reviews of different hunting clothing. I think it is helpful - https://under-the-open-sky.com/

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.07 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 03:04 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.11 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com