Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
12/16/2017 @ 07:02 AM

Forum Index > Hunting > Waterfowling New Topic Post Reply
 Waders Reccomendation

|  Printable Version
Deereman19
 October 06 2017 03:03PM (Read 699 times)  
Forum Junior
Junior

Im looking to purchase my first set of waders. Looking for insight on the best pair for me, im 6 ft north of 300lbs. Looking for recommendations on waders that are durable and insulated. trying not to break the bank but willing to spend on quality. brands or places to purchase would be greatly appreciated!

FISH: an animal that grows the fastest between the time it’s caught and the time the fisherman describes it to his friends.

Profile Email PM
gsgramps
 October 06 2017 04:21PM  

one i like and have worn for many years is the cabellas 1600. well made and warm. wait till they go on sale and save a bundle.

Profile Email PM
CedarStorm1975
 October 06 2017 07:18PM  
Forum Senior Member

Rogers Sporting Goods- Toughman Waders. They aren't expensive, and are pretty decent quality for the price point. I also have a pair of Columbia Neoprene waders that are along the same lines. I got those at Theisen's.

"Anything that gets your blood racing is worth doing" -Hunter S. Thompson-

Profile Email PM
nahdogg
 October 07 2017 09:01PM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

Check the Bargain Cave at Cabela's. I was about to drop 300 on a pair at Scheels and found a pair in The Bargain Cave for $120

Profile Email PM
HEUY
 October 12 2017 10:47AM  
Forum Senior Member

I know you said insulated but I use uninsulated and add LJ's + Wader Pants and have no problems getting cold. Also use the wader pants in December when I shotgun deer hunt. Get WOOL socks w a liner. Baby powder the inside of liner sock which helps keep your feet dry.

Always remember what's important in your life!

Profile Email PM
maxx
 October 12 2017 10:54AM  
Forum Senior Member

Look at the Cabelas big man breathables.

I have had a pair for 10 years. They don't have any insulation but they have enough space to layer as the year goes. I ear shorts early season followed by UA tights, fleece pants and another outer shell with a thin pair of wool socks followed up with merino wool socks.

I can hunt 70 degrees down to -10 in with these.

There were things he could do without declared Reed. "Steaks that don't bleed. Coffee with cream. Guys who don't swear. Boots that leak. Wild animals in cages. Bears trained to do tricks. Cheese that has no smell." Jay Reed

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.39 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 07:02 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.45 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com