Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
10/17/2017 @ 10:56 PM

Forum Index > Hunting > General Hunting New Topic Post Reply
 Hunter Education Certficate

|  Printable Version
RGR175
 October 10 2017 11:59AM (Read 451 times)  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

I just passed my online hunters education course. They mail you your certificate and the expected delivery time is 2-3 weeks. Eek!

I see there is an option to get a replacement education card from any ELSI vendor for $4.50. Do you think after paying for my permit online, which is a final step I haven't done yet, that I can go to an ELSI vendor and get a replacement hunter ed cert/license and have my education permit in my hands quicker then then expected 2-3 week delivery time? I would assume that whatever processes my info into the system after I pay might take some time, a day or a few days. Hopefully that is a automated process and happens when I pay, but I expect there might be a bit of processing time. Once that is complete I would assume my information would be in the system and I could go to a license vendor and pay for a replacement education cert and then have what I need to get my hunting license.

Is this how it works? Is there some other fast option for me to get my hunters education cert without waiting for snail mail and the 2-3 week time frame?

Thanks in advance!

Profile Email PM
gellar
 October 10 2017 01:08PM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

As a Hunters Ed instructor I am not certain on this, but my guess is No. To be in the ELSI machine, you have to buy a hunting license first. You can call the Customer Service department at the Iowa DNR at 515)725-8200 and they can either answer your question or transfer you to someone who can.

Profile Email PM
WapelloMark
 October 10 2017 01:31PM  
Forum Moderator

My gf took it online, They usually offer to email you a printable certificate after you pay.

Owner and Operator of MockingBird FireArms Instruction NRA Certified in-home mobile and impromptu carry classes.

Profile Email PM
RGR175
 October 10 2017 01:49PM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

Thanks Gellar. Sounds like separate systems then. That makes sense.

Thanks WapelloMark, I'll pay and print. I hesitated to pay in the event there might have been an option to pay in person somewhere and get the cert there.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.20 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 10:56 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.24 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com