Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
11/22/2017 @ 03:24 AM

Forum Index > Hunting > Predator/Varmint Hunting New Topic Post Reply
 Bobcat hunting...3 more days!

|  Printable Version
ihuntducksalot72
 November 10 2017 02:37PM (Read 1490 times)  
Forum Senior Member

Only three more days till my buddies and I take off for our annual trip down south to call cats. Last year was our best year yet, as we called two cats right into our laps. Didn't put either in the bag, but it was a great hunt none the less. Weather looks great, and I won't be at work, so it's going to be a great time.

Anyone been out calling? Besides Scruffy of course, who's already tagged out for the year!

timere non lupi dentes

Profile Email PM
KeokukCoboy
 November 10 2017 04:01PM  
Forum Senior Member

Went out calling the last two weekends. Got four yotes down but no cats. Possibly this weekend after I visit with a farmer on his coyote problem. Good luck to ya ....

Im Just A Passenger...Life Is Just A Ride

Profile Email PM
topH20terror
 November 10 2017 08:47PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: ihuntducksalot72

Anyone been out calling? Besides Scruffy of course, who's already tagged out for the year!

Got off work just early enough to sit in one of my tree stands with the Foxpro tonight. 20 minutes before sunset playing rabbit distress. Look what came in right under my stand. Mr. Green

Central Washington Co. just NE of West Chester. I have seen tracks in the snow a couple of times the past few years out there on the family ground, but this was the first time I laid my eyes (and crosshairs) on one.

It's now in the freezer and I'll have to decide if I'm going to have a full mount done (kinda pricy), or if I'll just have it tanned out.

Fish...Hunt...Eat...Sleep / Independent...Veteran...Atheist...Family Man

Profile Email PM
ihuntducksalot72
 November 11 2017 07:36AM  
Forum Senior Member

Oh man! Nice work!! Glad to see you got one!

The itch to get out is getting really bad!

timere non lupi dentes

Profile Email PM
oxymoron
 November 11 2017 02:55PM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I've seen 4 different cats on 3 different properties, in the last week while bowhunting. 3 out of 4 were within 25 yards. I'm going to wait until the back half of December for the fur to prime up before I try to get one.

Profile Email PM
KeokukCoboy
 November 11 2017 07:56PM  
Forum Senior Member

Got off work just early enough to sit in one of my tree stands with the Foxpro tonight. 20 minutes before sunset playing rabbit distress. Look what came in right under my stand. Mr. Green

Central Washington Co. just NE of West Chester. I have seen tracks in the snow a couple of times the past few years out there on the family ground, but this was the first time I laid my eyes (and crosshairs) on one.

It's now in the freezer and I'll have to decide if I'm going to have a full mount done (kinda pricy), or if I'll just have it tanned out.

That would be a sweet surprise. Nice job. By all means do one or the other. Don't do what I did. Like an idiot I sold my first one and have regretted it ever since...

Im Just A Passenger...Life Is Just A Ride

Profile Email PM
scruffy
 November 13 2017 10:15PM  
Forum Senior Member

looking forward to stories and pictures!!! Mr. Green

You can run coyote, but you'll just die tired.

Profile Email PM
topH20terror
 November 14 2017 07:11PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: KeokukCoboy

That would be a sweet surprise. Nice job. By all means do one or the other. Don't do what I did. Like an idiot I sold my first one and have regretted it ever since...

Yes, it was a very sweet surprise! Being my first one, there is NO WAY I would sell it.

I made that same mistake with my very 1st ever predator kill many years ago, a beautiful fox called in with a hand cassette player with a plug in external speaker. It was my very 1st attempt I ever made at calling too. Definitely regret selling that one. Cry

Fish...Hunt...Eat...Sleep / Independent...Veteran...Atheist...Family Man

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.66 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 03:24 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.70 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com