Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
11/22/2017 @ 03:13 AM

Forum Index > Hunting > Deer Hunting New Topic Post Reply
 Crazy fast hunt

|  Printable Version
Torracattac
 November 11 2017 07:31PM (Read 2970 times)  

I'm not sure if the photo thing worked or not, but I wanted to share the pics and story. Went in at 330 yesterday and within 30 minutes, this guy came out. When he first headed our way I thought OH BOY! I must not have clipped the release to the D loop correctly and as I drew back it slipped off. When it did the NOCK CAME OUT OF THE ARROW. I glanced at the deer one more time and became hyper focused on getting the nock back in, as I knew my time was limited. I was shaking like I never had before. I drew again while he was in the honeysuckles with the hot doe. Ashe appeared the first grunt ended up with him behind the tree, the second one stopped him perfectly. I knew I hit him a little far back, but was sure I hit the liver. I was able to watch him for 5-10 minutes and he never went down. When he sauntered off, I became sickened thinking the shot was worse than I thought. We backed out at 4 and came back at 11. We tracked the blood until 1 am and it ran dry. I went back this morning and found him in the next drainage over. After seeing the blood trail, I'm sure he died withtin 15 minutes on the hoof. It was a flurry of activity, excitement and adrenaline, and I am so happy it worked out. As fast as it all happened I was not sure what to expect. I had thought I had seen the drop tine, and knew he was big, but nothing was for certain. It was a long 7 hrs. After a week hunting in Colorado and being slammed at work, this was my first time in the woods here in Iowa. My season began at 330 and ended at 4 with a opportunity I may never have again. I was fortunate enough first off to have this opportunity, but above all, I got to share the experience with my 10 year old son. I am thankful for the whole experience, and hopefully starting my son down a road of years of fun and enjoyment. Get in the woods, you just never know when it's gonna go down! If the pics don't show someone let me know, I will try again. UPDATE, I just checked my post and had to copy and pste the photo description in the address bar. I am a computer idiot. Sorry. If anybody can help let me know.

[/img]http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv187/torracattac/20171111_113339_zpsaobaazri.jpg?1510542115911&1510542116357http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv187/torracattac/20171111_094030_zpsppg55woz.jpg?1510542115911&1510542116357[img]

Profile Email PM
WapelloMark
 November 11 2017 11:05PM  
Forum Moderator

Welcome to the site, kick off your shoes, stay awhile Wink

Owner and Operator of MockingBird FireArms Instruction NRA Certified in-home mobile and impromptu carry classes.

Profile Email PM
nessiefisher
 November 12 2017 09:43AM  

Nice buck! Glad you found him.

To upload images, click the img button above where you're posting, paste the url immediately after with no spaces, and click the img button one more time.

Profile Email PM
iowahunter18
 November 12 2017 04:36PM  
Forum Junior
Junior

Fantastic buck and great story! Plus, what an amazing experience to share with your son. Those types of hunts make for lifelong hunters, who dream of the opportunity of harvesting such a fantastic buck again and again.

Sometimes when my hunts are over that quick, I feel as though I missed out on some quality time in the woods. Of course, when the weather gets frigid during shotgun season, as my fingers and toes begin to get numb, I daydream of quick hunts like this.

Profile Email PM
Torracattac
 November 12 2017 09:08PM  

Quote by: nessiefisher

Nice buck! Glad you found him.

To upload images, click the img button above where you're posting, paste the url immediately after with no spaces, and click the img button one more time.

Thanks for the help with the images, and thanks

Profile Email PM
Torracattac
 November 12 2017 09:09PM  

Quote by: iowahunter18

Fantastic buck and great story! Plus, what an amazing experience to share with your son. Those types of hunts make for lifelong hunters, who dream of the opportunity of harvesting such a fantastic buck again and again.

Sometimes when my hunts are over that quick, I feel as though I missed out on some quality time in the woods. Of course, when the weather gets frigid during shotgun season, as my fingers and toes begin to get numb, I daydream of quick hunts like this.

Awesome time for sure. I know what you mean. I was looking forward to spending the next few days in the woods

Profile Email PM
Torracattac
 November 13 2017 06:41PM  

Quote by: WapelloMark

Welcome to the site, kick off your shoes, stay awhile Wink

I'm here quite a bit actually, just trolling. Thanks

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.37 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 03:13 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.41 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com