Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
11/22/2017 @ 03:12 AM

Forum Index > Hunting > Deer Hunting New Topic Post Reply
 Brackett

|  Printable Version
BigDud1983
 November 13 2017 10:12PM (Read 3549 times)  
Forum Senior Member

No comments on him yet. He used to be one of my favorite hunters. That video of him bashing his camera man is terrible. And the poaching what the eff. Not a guy I would endorse.

Fwiw

Dustin

#1 reason hunting is better than sex...your hunting partner will never say not again...we just hunted last week!!!

Profile Email PM
iowavf
 November 14 2017 08:10AM  
Forum Senior Member

Never watched him before but after seeing the clip with his camera man, I'll pass.

Profile Email PM
fastfreddy16
 November 14 2017 08:26AM  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=645JrtZZY2I

Here is the link.....

Wouldn't end well for me if someone talked to me that way........

FF

Profile Email PM
bowfisher
 November 14 2017 08:35AM  
Forum Senior Member

Couldn't of happened to a "nicer tool"

Do everyone a favor...dont feed trolls. Especially the trolls that can't spell.

Profile Email PM
sep0667
 November 14 2017 08:41AM  
Forum Senior Member

First few times I watched his shows I didn't care for it, with his amped up attitude and his "BOOYAH!!" saying. Then It sort of grew on me and was sort of funny to watch and entertaining, he is a really good shot to and that was fun to see some of the stuff he would do.

But, after seeing these two videos, what a prick. I would say the cameraman had enough of it...how do you think those videos came to surface. Good for that cameraman to apparently keep his cool in the blind and then really get the last laugh in.

Passing up a small buck today grows a bigger buck tomorrow...

Profile Email PM
TeamAsgrow
 November 14 2017 08:41AM  
Forum Senior Member

He always rubbed me the wrong way, product whore, too many catch phrases, trying too hard.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Profile Email PM
WapelloMark
 November 14 2017 08:42AM  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: bowfisher

Couldn't of happened to a "nicer tool"

Ya, I agree, what a dirtbag Angry

Owner and Operator of MockingBird FireArms Instruction NRA Certified in-home mobile and impromptu carry classes.

Profile Email PM
WapelloMark
 November 14 2017 08:48AM  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: fastfreddy16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=645JrtZZY2I

Here is the link.....

Wouldn't end well for me if someone talked to me that way........

FF

Yep, grass and gravel Mr. Green

Owner and Operator of MockingBird FireArms Instruction NRA Certified in-home mobile and impromptu carry classes.

Profile Email PM
maxx
 November 14 2017 09:46AM  
Forum Senior Member

Yup this is a good one to get flushed out of the system. Just and idiot. I don't get how the camera man just keeps filming.

There were things he could do without declared Reed. "Steaks that don't bleed. Coffee with cream. Guys who don't swear. Boots that leak. Wild animals in cages. Bears trained to do tricks. Cheese that has no smell." Jay Reed

Profile Email PM
popeandbooner
 November 14 2017 10:58AM  
Forum Senior Member

If you are fooled by any of the celebrity hunters then you are just that..a fool. They exploit our sport so they can be famous, rich, and not have a real job. Theyre all a joke...

Bowhunter

Profile Email PM
maxx
 November 14 2017 10:59AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: popeandbooner

If you are fooled by any of the celebrity hunters then you are just that..a fool. They exploit our sport so they can be famous, rich, and not have a real job. Theyre all a joke...

Not all of them. I really enjoy Steven Rinelllas stuff and Randy Newberg.

There were things he could do without declared Reed. "Steaks that don't bleed. Coffee with cream. Guys who don't swear. Boots that leak. Wild animals in cages. Bears trained to do tricks. Cheese that has no smell." Jay Reed

Profile Email PM
bowfisher
 November 14 2017 11:08AM  
Forum Senior Member

A friend of mine had to shoot with him at an ASA shoot last year. 20 targets.

Said he (Brackett) was bragging about himself non stop, and he actually was not very good shooting 3D.

Do everyone a favor...dont feed trolls. Especially the trolls that can't spell.

Profile Email PM
Homerj
 November 14 2017 11:39AM  
Forum Senior Member

Didn't know squat about this guy until now, makes me feel better!

Profile Email PM
firepoggy
 November 14 2017 12:11PM  
Forum Junior
Junior

He is already losing sponsors.

Good.

Profile Email PM
fowl_attitude
 November 14 2017 02:23PM  
Forum Senior Member

I would agree the market is flooded with wanna be's.

But running a multi million dollar business like Real Tree, or Mossy Oak, or Primos is a real job. I imagine you use some of their products. I know I couldn't hunt without some of the innovations they have create over their careers. Can't fault them at all for combining what they love with a career that supports their families.

Profile Email PM
Drop_Tine5214
 November 14 2017 02:48PM  
Forum Senior Member

I'm in the same boat as you. I used to watch a lot of these hunting shows, and there are still a few that are tolerable. When I was younger I would set unrealistic expectations from watching these shows and it really soured some of my hunting experience, so I'm glad I got away from that. Most of these guys seem more like pop star celebrities than hunters, pimping products and acting like idiots all while bastardizing our sport. I get that hey have to have some product placement to pay the bills, but it has gone way overboard IMO. To me hunting is about a whole lot more than big antlers, stupid catch phrases, and buying the most expensive trendy products.

I wonder if there are any programs out there with regular guys hunting either small private tracts or public land, as most of us have to do. Would love to hear it if anyone knows of any. I used to really like Bill Winke and Midwestern Whitetail, but haven't watch it in a while. He at least didn't act like a drunk frat boy when he harvested an animal and actually put a lot of good info out on different tactics and setups. Not sure if it is still that way or not but I might have to check him out again.

As far as with Brackett guy, never heard of him and never plan to. Happy hunting.

Profile Email PM
mhock
 November 14 2017 03:11PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: Drop_Tine5214

I'm in the same boat as you. I used to watch a lot of these hunting shows, and there are still a few that are tolerable. When I was younger I would set unrealistic expectations from watching these shows and it really soured some of my hunting experience, so I'm glad I got away from that. Most of these guys seem more like pop star celebrities than hunters, pimping products and acting like idiots all while bastardizing our sport. I get that hey have to have some product placement to pay the bills, but it has gone way overboard IMO. To me hunting is about a whole lot more than big antlers, stupid catch phrases, and buying the most expensive trendy products.

I wonder if there are any programs out there with regular guys hunting either small private tracts or public land, as most of us have to do. Would love to hear it if anyone knows of any. I used to really like Bill Winke and Midwestern Whitetail, but haven't watch it in a while. He at least didn't act like a drunk frat boy when he harvested an animal and actually put a lot of good info out on different tactics and setups. Not sure if it is still that way or not but I might have to check him out again.

As far as with Brackett guy, never heard of him and never plan to. Happy hunting.

As maxx said earlier, Randy Newburg is IMO one of the most "average joe" hunting show personality/host out there at the moment. He's on "Fresh Tracks". The Holder family on "Raised Hunting" is okay as well. Ususally a life lesson with each show as a theme which can be a bit much if all you are looking for is hunting.

Genesis 9 : 1 - 3

Profile Email PM
beniah1066
 November 14 2017 03:17PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: mhock

As maxx said earlier, Randy Newburg is IMO one of the most "average joe" hunting show personality/host out there at the moment. He's on "Fresh Tracks". The Holder family on "Raised Hunting" is okay as well. Ususally a life lesson with each show as a theme which can be a bit much if all you are looking for is hunting.

Steven Rinella. He is, in my opinion, the best hunter on TV, podcasts, the internet, or a bookshelf right now.
His site:
http://www.themeateater.com/

On Netflix, if you have it just search for "Meat Eater." Totally legit, huge emphasis on the cooking aspect (largely left off other shows). Life lessons for sure in there, interesting other characters.

I have read all his books as well, very fascinating author. He has great humility while just oozing with knowledge about history/wildlife/methods.

Profile Email PM
speng5
Forum Senior Member

I once flipped on Arrow Affliction one time not knowing what it was. I think I made it maybe 10 minutes in. What a tool.

Exhibit A - who takes a promo photo like this?

He seems like a former high school wrestler that's still juicing it or something. I've heard from those who have met him in real life at 3d shoots and various outdoor exhibitions and they say he is just the douchelord you would think he is.

"He had bought him a good horse, and traps, and other truck that went with being a mountain man, and said good-bye to whatever life was down there below."

Profile Email PM
maxx
Forum Senior Member

Bill is still down to earth good guy but he hunts a way most of us cant. Good for him he has 1000 acres to hunt and he is uber careful on how he goes in and out. I don't have the time or ground to hunt like him so I have to use my own tactics that wouldn't mesh up with him. Most people have to be a little more aggressive than a lot of these guys.

I like listening and watch John Dudleys stuff because he is very knowledgeable on archery but he also hunts like this but the dude can hunt every day of the season.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.64 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 03:13 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.68 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com