Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
11/22/2017 @ 03:22 AM

Forum Index > Hunting > Deer Hunting New Topic Post Reply
 Brackett

|  Printable Version
bowfisher
 November 14 2017 04:26PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: maxx

Quote by: Drop_Tine5214

Quote by: popeandbooner

If you are fooled by any of the celebrity hunters then you are just that..a fool. They exploit our sport so they can be famous, rich, and not have a real job. Theyre all a joke...

I'm in the same boat as you. I used to watch a lot of these hunting shows, and there are still a few that are tolerable. When I was younger I would set unrealistic expectations from watching these shows and it really soured some of my hunting experience, so I'm glad I got away from that. Most of these guys seem more like pop star celebrities than hunters, pimping products and acting like idiots all while bastardizing our sport. I get that hey have to have some product placement to pay the bills, but it has gone way overboard IMO. To me hunting is about a whole lot more than big antlers, stupid catch phrases, and buying the most expensive trendy products.

I wonder if there are any programs out there with regular guys hunting either small private tracts or public land, as most of us have to do. Would love to hear it if anyone knows of any. I used to really like Bill Winke and Midwestern Whitetail, but haven't watch it in a while. He at least didn't act like a drunk frat boy when he harvested an animal and actually put a lot of good info out on different tactics and setups. Not sure if it is still that way or not but I might have to check him out again.

As far as with Brackett guy, never heard of him and never plan to. Happy hunting.

Bill is still down to earth good guy but he hunts a way most of us cant. Good for him he has 1000 acres to hunt and he is uber careful on how he goes in and out. I don't have the time or ground to hunt like him so I have to use my own tactics that wouldn't mesh up with him. Most people have to be a little more aggressive than a lot of these guys.

I like listening and watch John Dudleys stuff because he is very knowledgeable on archery but he also hunts like this but the dude can hunt every day of the season.

Dud is great and full of knowledge for sure!! NockOn!
And a total class act!

Do everyone a favor...dont feed trolls. Especially the trolls that can't spell.

Profile Email PM
mhock
 November 14 2017 05:37PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: bowfisher

If you are fooled by any of the celebrity hunters then you are just that..a fool. They exploit our sport so they can be famous, rich, and not have a real job. Theyre all a joke...

I'm in the same boat as you. I used to watch a lot of these hunting shows, and there are still a few that are tolerable. When I was younger I would set unrealistic expectations from watching these shows and it really soured some of my hunting experience, so I'm glad I got away from that. Most of these guys seem more like pop star celebrities than hunters, pimping products and acting like idiots all while bastardizing our sport. I get that hey have to have some product placement to pay the bills, but it has gone way overboard IMO. To me hunting is about a whole lot more than big antlers, stupid catch phrases, and buying the most expensive trendy products.

I wonder if there are any programs out there with regular guys hunting either small private tracts or public land, as most of us have to do. Would love to hear it if anyone knows of any. I used to really like Bill Winke and Midwestern Whitetail, but haven't watch it in a while. He at least didn't act like a drunk frat boy when he harvested an animal and actually put a lot of good info out on different tactics and setups. Not sure if it is still that way or not but I might have to check him out again.

As far as with Brackett guy, never heard of him and never plan to. Happy hunting.

Bill is still down to earth good guy but he hunts a way most of us cant. Good for him he has 1000 acres to hunt and he is uber careful on how he goes in and out. I don't have the time or ground to hunt like him so I have to use my own tactics that wouldn't mesh up with him. Most people have to be a little more aggressive than a lot of these guys.

I like listening and watch John Dudleys stuff because he is very knowledgeable on archery but he also hunts like this but the dude can hunt every day of the season.

And a total class act!

x2... been awhile sicne I've seen his show

Genesis 9 : 1 - 3

Profile Email PM
bigA
 November 15 2017 01:16PM  
Forum Senior Member

Watch Bill Winke on MidwestWhitetail.com . Something new to watch almost every day, great analysis on what goes into their hunts, not product pushers, but there are some sponsorships that are to be expected. No commercials...just great content. I spend way too much time watching this.

Profile Email PM
bowfisher
 November 15 2017 02:51PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: mhock

Quote by: bowfisher

And a total class act!

x2... been awhile sicne I've seen his show

I listen to a lot of his (Dud's) podcasts and watch his youtube videos.
Due to his advice I am completely target panic free after 20 years of dealing with it.
My shooting has improved dramatically.

Do everyone a favor...dont feed trolls. Especially the trolls that can't spell.

Profile Email PM
bear2
 November 15 2017 04:11PM  
Forum Junior
Junior

X2 on Meat Eater. My favorite show out there

Profile Email PM
Drop_Tine5214
 November 17 2017 12:25PM  
Forum Senior Member

Just checked out Meat Eater on Netflix last night, thought it was a really good show. Showed some hunts where things didn't go right and some they were unsuccessful on, which I think is cool. Plus I watched one of the cooking episodes and got some good ideas. Thanks for the info!

Profile Email PM
drmac22
 November 17 2017 12:46PM  
Forum Senior Member

All these shows are becoming crazy. Your either a Hot Chic hunting or some celeb. I used to love watching this bird hunting show called Hunting with Hank. First exposure to Llewellin Setters, and Now i have owned two and love them. It was a down to earth show. Dez Young was a very nice guy from what i knew of him, he actually responded to my emails and chatted like we knew each other. Much different then the shows now. Don't get me wrong, I love watching hunting shows. MLB bowhunting, Meateater...etc.. I just think they have changed alot. Heck I remember watching Virgil Ward fishing! The World of Virgil Ward

Go Hawkeyes!

Profile Email Website PM
aaronm
 November 17 2017 02:34PM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Still shake my head every time I see the long lines waiting for autographs at the deer classic.

Profile Email PM
popeandbooner
 November 17 2017 03:18PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: aaronm

Still shake my head every time I see the long lines waiting for autographs at the deer classic.

wont catch me in those lines, ive only actually been there twice, first time i said screw that too many people. Second time was only to get a deer scored.

Bowhunter

Profile Email PM
mhock
 November 17 2017 05:04PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: drmac22

All these shows are becoming crazy. Your either a Hot Chic hunting or some celeb. I used to love watching this bird hunting show called Hunting with Hank. First exposure to Llewellin Setters, and Now i have owned two and love them. It was a down to earth show. Dez Young was a very nice guy from what i knew of him, he actually responded to my emails and chatted like we knew each other. Much different then the shows now. Don't get me wrong, I love watching hunting shows. MLB bowhunting, Meateater...etc.. I just think they have changed alot. Heck I remember watching Virgil Ward fishing! The World of Virgil Ward

LOL!!! We watched Virgil ward every Sunday I believe. How many times do you think he pulled those lead heads back and forth in that fish tank to show his "presentations"?!?! Loved it though... get back from church, mom would be frying last weekends catch, we'd watch Virgil Ward and then Dad would take us to the local gravel pit to catch another mess for mom to fry next Sunday!

Genesis 9 : 1 - 3

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.90 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 03:22 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.94 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com