Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
02/18/2018 @ 12:31 AM

Forum Index > Fishing > Ice Fishing New Topic Post Reply
 BLACKHAWK

|  Printable Version
rericsson
 February 10 2018 06:35PM (Read 1607 times)  
Forum Senior Member

Had good success about 4 weeks ago. Tried off the handicapp pier and one crappie and fiwh were real negative. Moved to to the North side of lake and pulled out shack to Denison beach area. Only one 3 inch bass. My thought is the big cold front and hugh snow messed with the barometer. Fish were negative and no bluegills. February is always the worst month on the icel. I think ice out will be the last big bite, then open water. Anybody have any good luck out there? Robbie Blackhawk is cold.

Robert Ericsson

Profile Email PM
orngruffee
 February 10 2018 07:55PM  
Forum Senior Member

Was thinking bout going up there tomorrow. How bad is the snow for pulling a tub sled?
I don't have a lot of horsepower left in me and don't want to have a coronary!

Profile Email PM
dbags
 February 11 2018 09:57AM  

Fished Blawkhawk Thursday & Friday. 7 guys caught 100 plus bluegills off Drilling Point on Thursday and 100 plus bluegills off Cottonwood Point on Friday. Majority of fish keeper size. After Thursday tired of cleaning fish so didn't keep any on Friday. All caught on wax worms at 8-9 ft. Fishing just off the bottom

Tried minnows for crappie. Only one caught. Stuck out with minnows for walleye after sundown.

Seven inches of new snow Thursday. Several trucks on the ice.

Profile Email PM
Widowmaker
 February 12 2018 08:33AM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

We had pretty good success there both Saturday and Sunday. My daughter even caught a clam! There is a lot of snow, would be a tough drag with a sled. I personally wouldn't drive my truck out there, there's not THAT much ice. I took my 4 wheeler.

Profile Email PM
rericsson
 February 12 2018 01:50PM  
Forum Senior Member

Snow is deep. Think before the storm the bite was on. All I can say is that on Saturday we got skunked. Maybe the location has moved to the cotoonwood area? Was real iffy for us. I think I will be heading North for the upcoming weekend. Trying something new. Robbie

Robert Ericsson

Profile Email PM
gone bassin
 February 15 2018 07:11AM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

A friend and I did alright there on Monday from 11-4. Always lots of gills, once in awhile a crappie and rarely, a nice perch. I'm stumped by the walleye here in winter. They must hang out in the dredge cuts where I don't go.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.08 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 12:31 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.14 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com