Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
04/28/2017 @ 08:43 PM

Forum Index > Fishing > General Fishing Forum New Topic Post Reply
 storm lake

|  Printable Version
ldc 82
 February 28 2017 08:24AM (Read 3215 times)  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

is the ice off storm lake? going to be up there this weekend and was wondering if could get a boat on yet or not? Thanks

Profile Email PM
rericsson
 February 28 2017 09:14AM  
Forum Senior Member

Black hawk lake is wide open and imagine that storm lake is too. You could call up to the bait store and talk to Josh. Adams is out of business, but Josh is open for business and knows the lake. Give him a call. You could also watch the web cam of storm lake or call the police dept. robbie

Robert Ericsson

Profile Email PM
Stormlaker
 February 28 2017 07:06PM  

Adams tackle is NOT closed. I've been buying bait there for 35 years and talked to them today. Whether it is intended or not that is very damaging to post on Internet that they are out of business. Technology is great but webcams will never sell minnows.

Profile Email PM
getacritter
 February 28 2017 07:19PM  
Forum Junior
Junior

When all others are out of live bait it seems Adams is not. Really says something about any type of business if they are still in business after 30 plus years.

If it's Brown it's Down

Profile Email PM
rericsson
 March 01 2017 07:53AM  
Forum Senior Member

Apologize to all the fisherman and people on this site. I mistakelnly posted that Adams was out of business. Sorry if I offending any people that have given patoronage to this business. Thanks for setting me straigt. robbie Frown

Robert Ericsson

Profile Email PM
Widowmaker
 March 01 2017 09:32AM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I've heard about Adams Tackle before, but don't know where it is, anyone enlighten me?

Profile Email PM
vexilar
 March 01 2017 02:38PM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Storm is wide open. The only problem is the state marina has ice in the channel. Other boat ramps are open but no docks in be hard to launch a boat without having to beach it.

Profile Email PM
sandman
 March 02 2017 04:07PM  
Forum Senior Member

Fished Storm from shore this morning. East ramp by campground is wide open but no dock. South ramp at Bel Air beach still has ice from shore to about 100 feet out. The southwest marina is open but the channel has about 50-70 feet stretch of ice that should go out this weekend with any wind at all.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Profile Email Website PM
tbk
 March 18 2017 02:28PM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

Anyone know if the ice happened to go out on storm the last few days? I assume not as five island and lost island were still frozen yesterday. Thanks for any info

Profile Email Website PM
dkwolf
 March 18 2017 02:36PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: rericsson

Black hawk lake is wide open and imagine that storm lake is too. You could call up to the bait store and talk to Josh. Adams is out of business, but Josh is open for business and knows the lake. Give him a call. You could also watch the web cam of storm lake or call the police dept. robbie

Right, because the police department has nothing better to do than serve as fishing guides and an information booth. Here's a tip: If you call the direct police station number, you're going to get a secretary that may not have driven past the lake in the last week, and likely didn't pay attention to the ice when they did. Suppose they'll tell me where the fish are biting, too? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Stick with the bait shops, or the DNR office/officers in the area.

This land is not inherited from our ancestors, rather it is borrowed from our children.

Profile Email PM
tbk
 March 18 2017 09:01PM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

Yep will do just thought I would see if anyone had been by there thanks

Profile Email Website PM
CedarStorm1975
 March 19 2017 05:10PM  
Forum Senior Member

One of my friends from back this side of the state (Cedar Rapids) was just up there- wide open. Take your waders, a good headlamp and a couple rapalas and a twister tail or two.....you're welcome Cool

"Anything that gets your blood racing is worth doing" -Hunter S. Thompson-

Profile Email PM
dkwolf
 March 19 2017 08:58PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: CedarStorm1975

One of my friends from back this side of the state (Cedar Rapids) was just up there- wide open. Take your waders, a good headlamp and a couple rapalas and a twister tail or two.....you're welcome Cool

My assistant chief was up today, think he said he was going to try fishing the outlet, but it was still iced in. (Just the outlet area. Don't know about the rest of the lake)

This land is not inherited from our ancestors, rather it is borrowed from our children.

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.15 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 08:43 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.19 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com