Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
06/23/2017 @ 09:02 PM

Forum Index > Fishing > General Fishing Forum New Topic Post Reply
 Hubbard's Fishing Float

|  Printable Version
rericsson
 March 22 2017 08:16AM  
Forum Senior Member

Frown

Yes, to all the posts that his float sucks. It is the one North of Prairie du Chen

. My buddy d I spent the night.

My buddy heard rats crawling in the walls of the land house we were in.

Kind of made my skin crawl..

I would walk from Harpers Ferry or try Genoa or Guttenberg.

I like the idea of Genoa, but means another out of state license and most guys on this site have the Iowa license adn not Wisconsin. Good Luck and hope you hammer some nice walleyes. robbie

Robert Ericsson

Profile Email PM
Wallyman
 March 22 2017 08:36AM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: CedarStorm1975

Quote by: ICEMAN101

At the Guttenberg float, 3/8-1/2 oz jigs and a few different colors of ringworms. Purple might be turning on with the clearing water but I usually switch colors if I go 30 min without a bite.

I have also heard the same kind of stuff about Hubbards, but didn't want to bad mouth him without any first hand experience.

Thanks! I've been putting the miles on my car the past few days...time to put some miles on my car for something more fun. I'll go look for some ringworms tomorrow and some jigheads. Everything I have is 1/8 oz for casting on interior rivers. Ever use 3 way rigs with minnows out there???

Yeah, a lot of people drop 3 ways off the front of the float and cast jigs. use about an 18' dropper and a floating jighead. Tip it with a minnow. A lot of times you catch smaller saugers on them, but sometimes, when the fish are slow, that's what it takes. For jigs, 1/2 oz are golden. Get some purple ringworms, motor oil, char tail is good. and a hand full of whatever else tickles your fancy. I'd go darker as the water is pretty muddy. Seems up there, I do best on darker colors when the water is stained or muddy. Good luck!

Profile Email PM
relytretsemrub
 March 22 2017 11:04AM  
Forum Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I'm almost positive old man hubbard encourages his customers to cast at boats even if they aren't in his protected bullshit area. My buddy took a jig in the back couple years ago if that was me that guy would have had some explaining to do serious explaining. Give hubbard the Karma he deserves and whenever you leave pull that orange flag up so he comes and finds nobody there!

Can't Fix It

Profile Email PM
Bob Er
 March 22 2017 11:23AM  
Regular Contributor

Quote by: relytretsemrub

I'm almost positive old man hubbard encourages his customers to cast at boats even if they aren't in his protected bullshit area. My buddy took a jig in the back couple years ago if that was me that guy would have had some explaining to do serious explaining. Give hubbard the Karma he deserves and whenever you leave pull that orange flag up so he comes and finds nobody there!

Do that and better yet, dont give him any business and spread the word. I would love to see him go out of business and have someone take over that float that respects the fact that they are making a living on a public resource.

Profile Email PM
relytretsemrub
 March 22 2017 12:11PM  
Regular Contributor

I'm pretty sure he isn't up to code and still makes money off a public resource why do the rules bend for that dipshit. The best thing that could happen to that float is if it burned down. Get someone in there that would make it decent like the other floats

Can't Fix It

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.22 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 09:02 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.28 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com