Home :   Forums :   Contribute :  Calendar :  Business Members :  Journals :  Search :  HELP! :  Careers  
 Welcome to Iowa Sportsman!

Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
12/17/2017 @ 11:48 AM

Forum Index > Hunting > Mushroom Hunting New Topic Post Reply
 Grey mushrooms

|  Printable Version
bigbuckhunter88
 April 26 2017 02:36PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: TrapCyclone

Quote by: speng5

Had a pretty productive afternoon in Henry County. One grocery bag, one beach tote bag, and finally my hat once out of room and hands. Only a handful of greys.

Nice haul, Speng! How do you guys keep the dang ticks at bay? My tick to morel ratio is 2 to 1 at the moment! Confused Angry

Permethrin

Profile Email PM
PaulB
 April 26 2017 02:52PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: bigbuckhunter88

Had a pretty productive afternoon in Henry County. One grocery bag, one beach tote bag, and finally my hat once out of room and hands. Only a handful of greys.

Nice haul, Speng! How do you guys keep the dang ticks at bay? My tick to morel ratio is 2 to 1 at the moment! Confused Angry

Permethrin

So were can you find it and what would I be looking for? Was looking the other day and the writing on those things is tiny.

You never get too old to learn, but you may get too old to remember what you learned.

Profile Email PM
drmac22
 April 26 2017 03:49PM  
Forum Senior Member

Go Hawkeyes!

Profile Email Website PM
speng5
 April 26 2017 04:04PM  
Forum Senior Member

I didn't Evil Found 2 but that really wasn't bad for the amount of ground covered and time spent outside.

"He had bought him a good horse, and traps, and other truck that went with being a mountain man, and said good-bye to whatever life was down there below."

Profile Email PM
bigbuckhunter88
 April 26 2017 05:41PM  
Forum Senior Member

Quote by: PaulB

Quote by: bigbuckhunter88

Permethrin

So were can you find it and what would I be looking for? Was looking the other day and the writing on those things is tiny.

The link is the stuff have used in the past. However if you use slot of it I recommend buying bulk straight permethrin and mixing your own. And make sure you only treat clothes and boot and don't spray directly on your skin

Profile Email PM
hair&scales
 April 27 2017 12:05AM  
Forum Junior
Junior

+1 on permatherin haven't had a tick on me in three years. I use spray/aerosol kind. Spray clothes the night before going out especially around cuffs and such where ticks will come in at works like a dream! I like to enjoy my time outside instead of worrying about how many ticks are on me. Big Grin

Work to hunt, hunt to live.

Profile Email PM
Scott791
 April 27 2017 11:12AM  
Forum Chatty
Chatty

Permethrin is the ticket. I use the repel brand stuff works great Wall mart,scheels has it. I don't go into woods with out clothes sprayed down stuff also last two weeks.

Profile Email PM
Bixahawk
 April 28 2017 09:39AM  

I haven't found a one in Scott Co. yet about 4hrs of looking two different times. This cold weather isn't gonna help any!

Profile Email PM
orngruffee
 April 28 2017 10:13AM  
Forum Senior Member

I haven't had much luck either. Not very good at it I will admit. Maybe it will be better next week after the rain and a warm up?

Profile Email PM
Norhawk
 April 28 2017 02:10PM  

I haven't had to much luck..only found 16 so far this year. Just enough for an appetizer! Razz

Profile Email PM
Content generated in: 0.30 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 11:48 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Created this page in 0.34 seconds 
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Home
Copyright © 1997-2009 All Rights Reserved Iowa Sportsman is a division of Twin Rivers Media
900 Central Avenue Suite 1, Fort Dodge IA, 50501
Phone: 877-424-4594 Fax 515-574-2364 Email: info@twinriversmedia.com